Wander through the bustling "broad and narrow" alleys, a refurbished historical area • Marvel at the rapid skill of "face-changing" at a Sichuan Opera show
Chengdu: Panda Country
Explore southwest Sichuan, home to sacred peaks, spicy peppers and China's natural treasure: the giant panda. You'll view these unique creatures in a natural setting, savor a spicy hotpotfeast, discover Sichuan opera, and marvel in the presence of the world's largest stone Buddha.
About This Trip
Travel into the heart of the southwestern province of Sichuan, home of the panda and the pepper. Despite being the fourth largest city in China, Chengdu remains a calm metropolis with a relaxing teahouse culture. The slower pace of life in Sichuan makes it the perfect place for the laidback giant panda to prosper. On this trip, you'll not only get the chance to view China's cuddly icon at a panda base, you'll also get the chance to sample Sichuan's famous numbing peppercorns, experience Taoist spirituality, witness the Sichuanese operatic art of face-changing, and stand in the presence of the world's largest stone Buddha.
What we love
- Getting the chance to see China's adored giant panda in a natural setting at Chengdu Panda Base
- Immersing yourself in Taoism at Qingyang Temple, where legend has it that Taoism's founder Lao Tzu was born
- Tasting Sichuan's world famous spicy cuisine
Visit Qingyang Temple, considered to be the birthplace of Taoism's founder Lao Tzu • Explore Chengdu People's Park, where you can catch titbits of everyday life and learn to play mahjong • Visit Jinsha Archeological Museum, home to the relics of an ancient kingdom predating Chinese settlement, or Landing Art District, a center of contemporary art • Enjoy a Sichuanese dinner, famous for its spiciness and numbing peppercorns
Observe China's iconic, cuddly panda at Chengdu Panda Base • Stand in the presence of the Leshan Giant Buddha, the largest stone Buddha on earth which which at 71 meters tall dwarfs all in its presence
- All overland transfers with private chauffeur and in-transport refreshments
- All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
- All meals as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water
- All services of WildChina English-speaking guide(s)
- All accommodations, based on double-occupancy and including breakfast, service charge, and government tax
- Private chauffeur service to and from airport at start and end of your trip
What's Not Included:
- International & domestic flights and relevant taxes
- Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
- Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
- Meals apart from those included in the itinerary and alcohol
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Excursions and activities not included in the itinerary
- Discretionary gratuities for guides and chauffeurs
, May 2019
We had a good trip with NatHab and saw lots of pandas (none in the wild but they told us that would be exceedingly rare) but plenty of cute babies playing and we got to clean some panda enclosures and feed them some carrots. Also, saw the golden snub-nosed monkeys which were very entertaining and the beautiful golden pheasants and lots of Takin and other wildlife.
You and your staff did an excellent job in organizing our trip and we will definitely refer our friends and will contact you again when we return to China.
M., Nov 2018
We just returned from a 10-day trip to Beijing, Chengdu, and Shanghai with WildChina, and it was amazing. WildChina's recommended accommodations were just what we were looking for to celebrate our 5th anniversary. What really set this trip apart from previous trips we have done were the guides - who were phenomenal...Also, Christine, who arranged the itinerary and fielded my many, many pre-trip emails, was beyond helpful and patient. In celebration of our 5th anniversary, Christine and WildChina arranged a champagne picnic for us on the Great Wall - it was incredible and a day we will never forget.
Read more on TripAdvisor.
B.H., Oct 2018
We are fairly experienced travelers on our 1st trip to China and knew that we would only see a very small sample of China in the couple of weeks we had. Choosing WildChina Travel to organize it proved to be a very good decision. Alice Zhang was our travel consultant and listened carefully to our needs and attended to details in a very professional manner. She was extremely patient and thoughtful with our numerous requests. The transportation and accommodation selected were perfect for us as were our local guides.
Read more on TripAdvisor.
Get Started - Chengdu: Panda Country
You're getting closer to your dream China adventure! Fill out this form so our travel designers can start helping you plan your trip.
Thank you for your inquiry. One of our Travel Designers will be in touch with you shortly.