· Arrive in Hangzhou
· Welcome dinner
· Introduction to the Hangzhou Public Health Program
Education Travel: Public Health in Hangzhou
Play a part in defining a healthier China on this educational program in Hangzhou. From learning about water supply protection and disease prevention to getting to know the ins and outs of food hygiene, this program will provide an in-depth and hands-on look at public health in the Middle Kingdom.
About This Trip
Qiandao (Thousand Island) Lake's pristine water quality, and its significant role in the drinking water supply for eastern China makes it the perfect place to learn about public health. On this trip, you won't be learning from the sidelines, you'll be diving in (not literally, don't worry) to test water supplies, participate in local food hygiene projects, and present disease prevention research to both peers, and local authorities.
What we love
- Giving back to local hosts by supporting a water purification project
- Visiting a tofu factory and learning the process of food production and hygiene
- Learning about the role of Traditional Chinese Medicine in public health
· Arrive in Hangzhou
· Transfer to Qiandao Lake, a man-made reservoir covering an area of 580 square meters
· Visit a spring water plant to learn the process of purifying and bottling drinking water
· Work on your own water purification project
· Visit a small village and learn about public health in rural areas
· Take part in a water resource protection project
· Hike around Qiandao Lake
· Transfer back to Hangzhou
· Visit a local hospital and learn about the Chinese healthcare system
· Learn about animal health at an animal clinic
· Test pesticide residue samples at a local wet market
· Learn the health properties of Chinese tea in a local tea village
· Visit the Center for Disease Control and learn about disease prevention in China
· Learn about public health management at a local community vaccine center
· Take part in a peer-to-peer public health discussion at a local school
· Visit a tofu factory to learn the process of food-production and food hygiene
· Take a look at the community clinic and learn about Traditional Chinese Medicine
· Enjoy a boat ride on the Jinghang Canal, the largest of its kind in the world
· Practice tai chi with a master
· Transfer to the train station or airport
· Your educational journey draws to a close
Whether it's visiting a centre for disease control, learning about pet care in an animal clinic, or working as a team to develop water purification systems, deep dive into the challenges of public health in China.
Move your health class out into the real world and discover that the best way to learn is through hands-on application.
Ready for your next Adventure?
We Customize Every Trip
K.C., Aug 2018
We were pleased with the professional attitude of all, from the first contact to the guides in each city. I want to give special kudos to Mei Zhang, Maynard Zhang and Jasmine Zhai. The customer-oriented culture of the company is a tribute to Mei's leadership and vision for WildChina and how every person interacts with clients. Maynard was also helpful as the local US representative to make sure that our program interests were shared with the staff in China. Jasmine was terrific in making our arrangements, always answering our questions promptly and addressing issues during the actual program.
International Middle School - Beijing, China, May 2016
A huge thank you to all the staff, they were incredible!
Business School - Boston, USA, Jan 2016
The WildChina Country Managers were amazing!!! They could run the world! They were so responsive and capable, it was incredible!
Get Started - Education Travel: Public Health in Hangzhou
You're getting closer to your dream China adventure! Fill out this form so our travel designers can start helping you plan your trip.
Thank you for your inquiry. One of our Travel Designers will be in touch with you shortly.