View the proudly unflinching, life-sized Terracotta Warriors • Wander around Big Wild Goose Pagoda Square, dominated by a pagoda built to hold sacred Buddhist texts and artefacts brought back from India
Xi'an: Warriors & Emperors
Breach the battlements of Xi'an to discover this ancient walled capital of ten dynasties, gateway to the Silk Road and home of the Terracotta Warriors. You'll have your Indiana Jones moments amid museums and tombs as you peel back history in this multicultural melting pot.
About This Trip
Xi'an is where China's first emperor united the warring states of China. One of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China, Xi'an's rich tapestry of history was woven together during its time as the capital of no fewer than ten dynasties. The city's ancient walls and narrow streets hark back to a time when Xi'an was the center of cultural, religious, and economic interaction between the East and West at the eastern end of the Silk Road. From the famous army of life-sized Terracotta Warriors to a museum dubbed the "Treasure Chest of Ancient China," you'll delve into China's illustrious ancient history on this three-day trip.
What we love
- Experiencing a private taichi lesson on Xi'an's ancient city wall, surrounded by a commanding view of the ancient city center
- Exploring a hidden side of China by going to the city's Muslim Quarter where Chinese Muslims have lived for 1,300 years
Learn the calming art of taichi in a private lesson on Xi'an's ancient city wall • Visit the grand Taoist Temple of the Eight Immortals • Wander through the exhibition halls of the "Treasure Chest of Ancient China," the Shaanxi History Museum, built to mimic the style of the Tang Dynasty • Learn about Xi'an's 1,300 year old Muslim community by visiting the Great Mosque • Experience Xi'an with more than just your eyes by sampling some of Xi'an's famous dumplings
Admire the countless terracotta figurines and burial objects of the Hanyang Tombs, the resting spot of a Han Dynasty emperor, from atop a glass walkway
- All overland transfers with private chauffeur and in-transport refreshments
- All admission fees and activity expenses, as noted in the itinerary
- All meals as noted in the itinerary with complimentary drinking water
- All services of WildChina English-speaking guide(s)
- All accommodations, based on double-occupancy and including breakfast, service charge, and government tax
- Private chauffeur service to and from airport at start and end of your trip
What's Not Included:
- International & domestic flights and relevant taxes
- Chinese tourist visa, which is required for most foreign passport holders
- Travel, health and trip cancellation insurance
- Meals apart from those included in the itinerary and alcohol
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Excursions and activities not included in the itinerary
- Discretionary gratuities for guides and chauffeurs
, May 2019
We just completed a tour of Shanghai, Beijing, and Xi'an arranged by WildChina. The guides, the drivers and vehicles were all first rate and the care and attention paid by staff members was beyond expectations. The itinerary planning help was great and I cannot say enough about the guides communication skills, their attention to our needs, and constant dialogue with us during our trip. WildChina made our trip memorable.
C., Apr 2019
This was a superb trip. We are experienced travelers, and were extremely impressed by how well thought out this itinerary was. Jerry Dong in Beijing, Jessica Zhu in Xi'an, and Ariel Wang in Shanghai were knowledgeable, enthusiastic, flexible, and people we wanted to spend time with.
Our guide Frank Shan in Yunnan was a treasure and so kind. He immersed us in the daily life of Dali and Shaxi. We were welcomed into homes, enjoyed tea and a number of meals with local Bai villagers, and experienced village life (while staying in lovely accommodations). It was hard to say goodbye to him – he touched our hearts. Mei Zhang, the founder of WildChina, is from this part of Yunnan Province, and we felt as if we had been welcomed into her home town.
The planning, the pacing, the guides, and the thoughtfulness of this trip surpassed any we have taken. We worked with Fann Fang, one of WhildChina's travel designers. She took care of every single detail.
Cannot recommend WildChina enough - this trip in a complicated and beautiful country like China was a truly rich, meaningful and many layered experience. The best of what travel could be.
Read more on Tripadvisor
J.W., Sep 2018
After a previous excursion to X'ian arranged by WildChina, we had the confidence in their services to book a 7-day tour of Kashgar, Turpan and Dunhuang...In each place, WildChina made smooth travel arrangements and engaged local guides who spoke excellent English. Our WildChina representative responded promptly to all requests and questions during the planning phase and was in communication with our guides and with us during the trip. We would highly recommend traveling to this region in the fall, for the weather and all the fresh fruits.
Read more on TripAdvisor.
Get Started - Xi'an: Warriors & Emperors
You're getting closer to your dream China adventure! Fill out this form so our travel designers can start helping you plan your trip.
Thank you for your inquiry. One of our Travel Designers will be in touch with you shortly.